Attitude is everything. Positive thought can make the difference. As well as learning how to chillax and accept that we have an illness and must take care of our lives as such.
- Positive attitude. Can't say enough about this.
- Awareness: meditation and mindfulness
- Movement: yoga, exercise, tai chi, qigong etc
- Nutrition: reduce inflammation and other symptoms through food
- Social media: support groups, friends and family around the world who all understand what we are going through!
- Peeing in ones pants: it's going to happen so just accept it now and move on.
- Fatigue: oh dear. I just woke up and now it's bedtime again. How am I to to get through this day?
- Depression, anxiety: talk to your DR. Use support groups, friends and family
- Wine: may not be the best for MS physically but mentally can sure help the attitude
- Learning to relax: it is OK to hold a couch in place with ones body
- Boundaries: set them. Follow them. Your health comes first!
- Ask for help: so many of us are Type A. Time to step back a notch.
- Learn to say No: stressors come in all shapes and sizes. Priorities based on your health and well being are best.
- Appreciate the little things in life. Stop and smell the roses.
- Have fun! Pick up new hobbies. Look at life all over again with fresh eyes. Don't wallow in the past.
I'm feeling like the Giant American invasion on my little Philippine friends!
Last night I had a friends party and then a two hour Aromatherapy Yin Yoga workshop at my favorite little yoga studio in Montrose: TheraYogaStudio
Today: a relaxing Saturday with Wall Street Journal, and plenty of lemon-water throughout the day to cleanse this body!
It's all a balancing act. Do more and pay the price. Treat your body right, get a refund on energy.
Right now, I'm treating the body right and restoring and rejuvenating for the week!