New to MS? or want to feel better with your existing MS?
There is so much to cover with this title which is why my new book is in production! But in the meantime take a look at these comments and tips. Most tips below are linked to articles that I have written as a Patient Expert, Health Journalist and Life Coach. Please click on the link to see studies, articles and more.
Become an MS Warrior
1. Take a deep breath. It will all be OK. You are in for a change, but the levels vary for everyone. Just know that things will get better and life will continue. MS hits everyone different. It will be important to be very compassionate toward yourself and your life as this disease unfolds.
1. Find a good neurologist – an MS specialist.
2. Understand you are going through a change.
3. Emotional balance may seem to slip away – seek help.
5. Love YourSelf! Its good for MS!
2. Modifiable risk factors:
MRF's are choices we have control over. Things we can start or quit depending upon our needs. While none of these in particular cause MS, there is substantial proof that the following actions are beneficial for MS patients:
1. If you smoke cigarettes, quit.
2. Reduce, respect or quit alcohol.
3. Limit salt intake.
4. Reduce, respect or quit caffeine
5. Do not use artificial sweeteners such as aspartame (excitotoxins)
6. Take additional Vitamin D(if low)
7. Take Vitamin B12 (if low)
8. Take an NRF2 activatorsuch as Protandim™ to fight oxidative stress.
9. Eat a healthy diet. Nutrition is everything!
10.Eat a diet high in fish
13.Diet and MS
14.High-dose biotinand potential for MS
15.Creating your own health: using diet and nutrition to help MS.
3. Alternative therapies that might interest you:
4. You may find these fact-checked articles and “MS connections” interesting:
1. MS and Epstein Barr Virus
2. MS and antidepressant
3. MS and decision-making
4. MS and Sunshine
5. MS and stem cell treatment
6. MS and brain stimulation
7. MS and horseback riding
8. MS and laughter therapy
9. MS and sense of smell
10. MS and Exercise
5. Life-skills. Tips and articles.
1. Keep a health journal using Health Storylines APP
2. Start a hand-written journal. Handwriting is great therapy.
3. Build your support team. Write down who is on your “Team”: friends, family, doctors, pharmacist, nutritionist, massage therapist, yogi, God, whomever works for you. This list will grow and evolve during your MS.
4. How to cope when a loved one has a chronic illness
6. Why me? 3steps to managing your angerwith MS.
7. For better health, watch your words.
8. Can video games help MSsymptoms?
9. 8 cooling and healing rituals for summer.
10.Get outside for 5 stress-busting exercises.
11.Superhero saladrecipe for summer
12.3 recipesto help transition into spring.
Contact me for any question!
Save Up to 80% on all your medication. Search & compare prices from our database of 3000+ brand-name & generic drugs, sourced from Canada. Free US Shipping! Shop YouDrugstore.com.