Create Your Affirmation
In this session we are going to create a daily affirmation. These can be repeated throughout the day, especially when times get tough. But even when things are going great, its important to remind yourself that the results of your actions will yield a better life. A better YOU.
Review your goals and action items.
Then consider the three questions/answers in the worksheet that ask how you are going to feel when your goals are accomplished. The worksheet asks what you will see and what you will hear yourself and others say to you as you reach your goals.
*This is very important step!*
When I reach my goal of improving my health, I am going to hear myself say, “I did it! I stuck to a plan and it worked”. I will hear others say, “Caroline, you amaze me. You accomplish so much despite your MS.”
When I reach my goal of improved health I will see myself looking stronger, standing taller, and I will see myself be more active.
NOW - tie it all together to create a daily affirmation:
“Because I am walking three times a week, I will hear others tell me I look stronger and healthier and I will feel empowered and more capable.”
“Becasue I am not procrastinating with my chores, my house will stay tidy and my tasks will not pile up. I will hear others say, “thank you for responding in such a timely manner,” and I will feel on top of it and less stressed.”
Rewarding myself for all my hard work by taking a road trip with a friend to my home away from home in the country. Ahhhhhh.....just what the doctor ordered.
Upgrade my MS Health
2. ACTION ITEMS:
These are an extended list of what was written in Session 1. Expand your mind and stretch your limits. What is it that will take you to your destiny? My action items are chosen because of my goal. I know that when these are taken my health will improve.
2. Exercise more than 20 minutes for 3X/week, increasing to 5X
3. Eat healthier: Choose greens, low sodium, minimize processed flours and sugar.
4. Write in my MS app = keep track for my records/health.
5. Journal my activities for accountability.
6. Be aware of the changes as they happen.
7. Do not procrastinate - keep things moving.
8. Choose gentle herbal teas over coffee/caffeine/alcohol
9. Choose foods that have medicinal qualities for my MS. Not aggravators but helpers, those that get me to my goal. Put taste buds, cravings and instant satisfaction aside and go for HEALTH!
3. BECAUSE I’m taking the actions above, the following will happen:
1. Energy will improve.
2. Nerves will be calmer/spasms less intense.
3. Cog-fog will lessen and eventually go away.
4. Sleep will be better - it already is!
5. Work will become easier.
6. Skin, heart and overall health will improve from less stress.
7. Digestion will improve and gut integrity will return.
8. Happiness and confidence will grow.
9. My pain will decrease bringing comfort and joy.
4. Create an affirmation sentence for each action item:
ex: “Because I chose to do yoga today, my nerves will be calmer and my spasms less intense which will reduce my pain and allow me to feel more comfortable and more capable.”
This session should be practiced each day:
WHAT action item are you going to do TODAY and what RESULT will it bring YOU?
If you have questions, please contact me and make comments below.